Sunday, August 2, 2009

I'm Not Really Here

Ah, the beauty of technology! This post can go live without me.

Rather than miss a day or fight with dial-up access at my parents' house, I can write this on Saturday morning, while I'm still in my own home. It's almost like being a time traveller.

Okay, not really, but it sounds like fun!

The only travelling I'm doing is to the country (specifically Guysborough County, for those of you familiar with Nova Scotia). My father's family is having something of a reunion this weekend. Cousins and aunts and uncles and assorted others are here from across Canada, and my 94-year-old grandmother is the star of the show (just the way she likes it).

Bigger plans were afoot initially, but circumstances made it necessary to scale things back. An all-day affair turned into an afternoon picnic on the beach at Half Island Cove--assuming the weather stuck to the forecast.

If all goes as planned, I'll have an update on the festivities tomorrow. I might even post a picture or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment