Friday, January 15, 2010

On the 22nd Day of Christmas...

I suppose it's time to take down the Christmas decorations. Yes, I'm a little late coming to that conclusion.

But at least I haven't plugged any of them in during the past 10 days. I just haven't had time to do more than take the wreath off the door and the candelabra out of the window. The obvious stuff, visible from the street.

Today, I took down the everything else...except the tree.

I know I can't keep hiding the tree behind the dressing screen, but just the thought of packing up those fragile decorations makes me wish every day could be Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. ours are down but still sitting in a corner of the living room waiting to be boxed away, regrettably, for another year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I moved to a new place this year and knew that I would not be spending Christmas here. My only decorating consisted of lining Christmas cards along the mantel. I spent the week of Christmas at my sister's house, enjoying her decorations and when I got home, it took about a minute to pull all the cards down and toss them. I kind of liked it!

    ReplyDelete