Oh, to live in New York! If only it was a telecommute, this would be my dream job.
Found this job opportunity in this week's Writer Gazette Update (www.writergazette.com).
* Supervising ProofreaderMarvel Entertainment, Inc.
Summary: In addition to proofreading documents, the position is responsible for managing a small staff of part-time and contract proofreaders and prioritizing the department's workload. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
* Read comics and covers and mark grammatical or typographical errors
* Copy edit text for magazines and ongoing character encyclopedia
* Proofread work from licensing, marketing, advertising, creative services and other departments as needed
* Help usher in a digital workflow for Proofreading
* Supervise any freelance proofreading
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please direct all resumes to Mary Sprowls, VP Human Resources, at msprowls(at)marvel.com.